The GSAC Softball Tournament is back. All six teams will compete in the conference tournament April 24-26 to be hosted by GSAC Champion Concordia University in Irvine, Calif. For the first time since 2011, the conference will stage a postseason tournament. The addition of a first-year softball program at San Diego Christian gives the GSAC the NAIA-required 6 member schools with the sport, allowing the return of the tournament.
The double-elimination tournament schedule is listed below with a link to the bracket.
GSAC Softball Tournament Bracket
Live Stats Video Streaming
Thursday, April 24
9:30 am - Game 1 - #4 Vanguard def. #5 Hope International, 7-0 - box score
- Rachel Stalford of Vanguard pitched a 4-hit shutout and the offense scored 3 runs in both the fifth and sixth innings, as the Lions defeated Hope International in the first game of the tournament.
11:45 am - Game 2 - #3 San Diego Christian def. #6 Arizona Christian, 6-5 - box score
- Hannah Romanski hit 2 home runs, including a walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the seventh inning, to lift San Diego Christian to a come-from-behind win.
2:00 pm - Game 3 - Hope International def. Arizona Christian, 11-3 (5 inn.) - box score
- Hope International scored 10 runs on 8 hits in the third inning, including home runs by Chelsie Keller and Lauren Ackerson, and went on to defeat the Firestorm.
4:15 pm - Game 4 - #1 Concordia def. Vanguard, 3-2 - box score
- No. 1-seed Concordia took an early 2-0 lead and held on for the 3-2 victory.
Friday, April 25
9:30 am - Game 5 - San Diego Christian def. #2 Biola, 5-3 - box score
- Josie Tucker pitched a complete game allowing only 4 hits and no earned runs as San Diego Christian upset No. 2 Biola.
11:45 am - Game 6 - Hope International def. Vanguard, 3-1 - box score
- Jocelyn Young hit a solo home run and Kayla Klein allowed just 5 hits and struck out 4 as Hope International defeated Vanguard to remain in the tournament.
2:00 pm - Game 7 - Biola def. Hope International, 8-0 - box score
- Reba DePriest pitched a 2-hit 5-inning shutout for Biola, while the offense had 11 hits in the game and scored 6 runs in the bottom of the fifth for the Eagles' win.
4:15 pm - Game 8 - Concordia def. San Diego Christian, 5-0 - box score
- Concordia scored 4 runs in the first inning, while pitcher Stevie Goldstein threw a complete-game 3-hit shutout. Concordia will play in the championship against the winner of the Biola and San Diego Christian contest.
Saturday, April 26
11:30 am - Game 9 - Biola def. San Diego Christian, 1-0 (9 inn.) - box score
- Brooke Madrid doubled down the right field line to score the game-winning run as Biola broke the scoreless tie in the bottom of the 9th inning to advance to the championship game against host Concordia.
2:00 pm - Game 10 - Concordia def. Biola, 5-0 - box score
- Megan Feuerstein hit a bases-clearing double in the bottom of the first and Brittany McGue pitched a 1-hit shutout as Concordia went on to win the GSAC Tournament.
Concordia is the GSAC Tournament Champion!