The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) has announced the 2013 Daktronics-NAIA Scholar-Athletes for men's and women's soccer. Several GSAC athletes earned this honor. In order to be nominated by an institution's head coach or sports information director, a student-athlete must maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale and must have achieved a junior academic status.
To see the complete list of honorees, use the links below:
In addition, GSAC athletes were named to the NAIA Women's Soccer National Championship All-Tournament Team:
- Megan Daniels, Concordia - Forward
- Tiffany Dimaculangan, Westmont - Midfielder
- Sophie Fuller, Westmont - Defender
- Alison Hensley, Westmont - Defender
Other special honors given to GSAC athletes:
Select Sport America-NAIA Championship Outstanding Defensive Player
- Sophie Fuller, Westmont (Calif.)
Champions of Character Select Sport America-NAIA Scholarship Recipient
- Carly Richardson, Westmont (Calif.)
More information about these women's soccer honors is available at www.naia.org.