LA MIRADA, Calif. --- After a shaky start left No. 8 Biola trailing 2-1 at the end of the first half, the Eagles refocused in the locker room and took control of the game to pick up their seventh win of the year 4-2 over The Master's College.

"The Master's came out really well and worked hard," said Biola Head Coach Todd Elkins. "It was what I expected from them, their coach is always going to have his team prepared and ready to go."

After a quick chance from Biola failed to result in a goal The Master's quickly countered with an early chance of their own off of a counterattack breakaway, and Zach Klindworth picked up his third goal of the season to put The Master's up 1-0 and silence the crowd.

The Mustangs came out confident early on, and after the initial goal they had the Biola defense playing back on their feet.

Fourteen minutes after the first goal was scored Daniel chew knotted it at one after converting a penalty kick that he drew by getting tackled inside the box. The goal was Chew's sixth of the year and 20th of his career. He became the 16 Eagle in program history to reach the 20-goal plateau.

After an own goal off of the head of a Biola defender The Master's had their 2-1 lead and entered the locker room at halftime with tremendous confidence.

"We needed to do the extra things in order to turn the game for our advantage," said Elkins. "In the first half we were not doing the extra things, we were doing the minimum."

After some self-reflection and a few reminders from Elkins, the squad came out with renewed vigor for the final 45 minutes. The major change was signified by the increased communication by the Eagles' offense and defense.

The communication led to more solid scoring opportunities and an increased ability to win the ball away from The Master's. This led to two quick scores within the first five minutes of the second half that immediately put Biola in the driver's seat.

John Hanscom picked up his second goal of the season and then assisted Kevin Kiser just two minutes and 33 seconds later. Kiser's shot was a beauty from 30 yards out that nested in the top right corner of the net past The Master's's diving keeper. Kiser's first goal of the season ended up being the game-winner as JT Addington held the Mustangs without a goal in the second half.

"Early on the guys were reacting to what the other team was doing, we talked about that and I told them they needed to be more proactive," said Elkins. "When you wait for something to happen, something bad will happen. You need to decide that something good will happen and then go make it."

The Eagles did everything they could to make good happen in the second half, and they walked away with three goals on three shots on goal. Marshall Deogracia scored his first tally of they year when he knocked in the Eagles insurance goal in the 85th minute.

It was a game that most presumed the No. 8 Eagles would walk away with handily, but Elkins cautioned that you can never expect a sure win in the Golden State Athletic Conference.

"We don't ever take our record onto the field with us, we take our teammates and game plan. A record cannot help send you a lead pass or a cross, a win does not just happen, it takes hard work," said Elkins. "In this conference you can never expect a win. I believe any team can beat us on any given night, and we can beat any team, it all depends."

Tonight the ball bounced the way of Biola and the Eagles improved to 7-0-1 (1-0-0 GSAC) and the Mustangs fell to 1-5-1 (0-1-0 GSAC).