Fullerton, CA- On Friday evening, Hope International needed just 29 seconds to essentially determine the outcome of their 3-0 win against Marian (WI). Freshman Brooke Williams took advantage of a misplay by the Sabres' defense to score the first goal of the match. Freshman Grace Kellogg scored her first collegiate goal as insurance. Defensively, HIU did not allow MU to take a shot.

The Royals (3-0) kicked off and played the ball all the way to the back line before building forward. As they moved the ball forward it ultimately was played up on as an attempted through ball but right to the feet of a Marian defender. In her attempt to clear the ball or pass to a teammate, she basically passed the ball directly to the feet of Williams who dribbled right by everyone to score just 29 seconds into the match. For Williams, it was her team leading fifth goal of the season.

HIU was just getting started with their shot taking. They ultimately connected for 15 shots in the first half alone- although only six were on goal.

The best two non-goal chances came in the 13th minute when Williams hit a shot near the right side of the goal which caused Marian's goalkeeper to make a save by pushing the ball wide of the post. Ten minutes later, a handball in the box gave HIU a penalty kick but Freshman Cindy Cisneros sent the shot over the cross bar.

In 40th minute, the Royals finally broke through again. Cisneros played a ball left to right to near the top of the box where Freshman Stephanie Arce touched the ball toward the right post. Freshman Grace Kellogg ran onto the ball and one timed a shot just inside the right post toward the upper half of the goal. She made the score 2-0 and became the first Royal without the last name Williams to find the back of the net this season.

After the break, the third goal came as gift from Marian less than five minutes into the half. Williams found herself on a counter attack with one defender to beat. As the two approached the box, Williams sent a ball ahead and the MU defender stepped in front and mistakenly struck the ball back toward her own net catching their keeper off guard and "the shot" ended up in the right side netting.

There was not another shot put on target the remainder of the half.

As the game was winding down, the question remained if the Royals could keep not only the shutout but also the clean sheet on shots allowed. The Sabres, who actually played the match as an exhibition and in fairness did not play a lot of their starters, had their best chance for a shot in the closing seconds of the match. MU earned their only corner with less than 45 seconds left in the contest. The corner was served into the box and bounced off five or six players before HIU finally cleared the ball out to keep the double goose egg intact.

The Royals will now not play again until Thursday when they travel to The Master's College in Santa Clarita for a neutral site contest with Bethany College (KS). The start time has recently been pushed back to 2:00 pm.