Biola and Concordia each won their respective NAIA Volleyball Championship Quarterfinal matches, and now the two GSAC teams will face each other in the first of two semifinal matches at 8:00 am (PST) on Satuday, December 1.
Concordia completed a three-game sweep of Hastings (Neb.) led by Madison Ekis with 15 kills. For more details of the match, go to www.cuieagles.com.
At the same time, Biola defeated MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.) in 4 sets with 16 kills by Christine Douglas and 15 kills by Amy Weststeyn. Read more at www.biola.edu.
Concordia, which is undefeated at 36-0, took both matches from Biola (31-4) during the regular season. The two Eagles teams have an intertwined history at the NAIA Volleyball Championship.
- 2007 - Biola and Concordia both advanced to the semifinals
- 2008 - Concordia defeated Biola in the semifinals and advanced to the finals
- 2009 - Biola participated in pool play and Concordia advanced to the semifinals
- 2010 - Biola defeated Concordia in the single elimination round and advanced to the quarterfinals
- 2011 - Biola advanced to the quarterfinals and Concordia advanced to the finals
NeuLion, the NAIA's official video-streaming company of 12 select NAIA national championship events, will be broadcasting all single elimination matches of the 2012 Volleyball National Championship. The single-elimination matches' start at 10 a.m. CST on Nov. 30 will be streamed and coverage will continue through the championship match on 8 p.m. CST on Dec. 1. For more information and to pre-register, click here.
A free HD broadcast of the match will be provided through the Biola University Athletic Department. Visit http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/biola.portal to view the broadcast. Live stats are also available by visiting the NAIA/Dakstats Tournament stats page at http://www.dakstats.com/WebSync/Pages/Tournament/TournamentPage.aspx?association=10&sg=WVB&tour=977.