The first and third-place teams in the Golden State Athletic Conference tangle on Saturday as No. 4 Concordia visits Biola, who is receiving votes in the latest Coaches' Poll. With a perfect 7-0 record in the GSAC standings, Concordia tops all conference clubs. Just percentage points behind second-place San Diego Christian, Biola is 4-3 in the league. Both teams consider themselves the Eagles, with Concordia sporting the green and gold and Biola in the red and white colors.
• Two winning streaks will be on the line Saturday - Concordia has won 10-straight games overall, while Biola is on a six-match home win streak.
• With Oct. 28 the end of the regular season in the GSAC, Concordia is in a good position for its first championship title since 2006. After Saturday, the Eagles face The Master's (Calif.) on Oct. 24 and Arizona Christian on Oct. 27. Meanwhile, Biola is scheduled to play Arizona Christian on Oct. 24 and The Master's on Oct. 27.
• Biola has held a distinct home-field advantage this year with a 5-0-0 record. The Eagles hold a 30-1 advantage in goals scored. Dating back to last season, Biola is on a six-match win streak at home. On the other side, Concordia is 5-0-1 when playing true road contests this year. Concordia has not lost a road match since Oct. 15, 2011 - a span of nine games.
• In the last meeting on Sept. 29, 2012, Concordia's De La Piedra had the game-winner in the 71st minute in the 2-1 victory.
• Since 2007, Concordia holds an edge in the overall series, 5-2-1. However, the Eagles have not won in La Mirada since 2008.
• Led by Christian Ramirez's 17 goals, Concordia ranks second in the NAIA in total goals with 60 (4.0 per game). The Eagles have out-scored their opponents 60-12 on the season. Julie Trejo has eaten up most of the minutes in goal as he is 13-0-1 on the year with 35 saves and a 0.68 goals against average.
• Three players have posted at least seven goals this year for Biola: Daniel Chew (8), Carlos Ballesteros (7) and Sava Pantic (7). Tony Montalvo tops the club with six assists. In goal, Joshua Crichton is 7-5-1 overall with a 1.21 goals against average.
• For live stats produced by Biola, click here. For live video produced by Biola, click here.
By Chad Waller, NAIA Director of Communications and Sports Information